You Are Amazing

Before I became a mother I use to read many posts about how when your a mother you become a nurse, therapist, coach, a cook, a cleaner, an entrepreneur and teacher.

But oh my it is so much more.

I am my childs voice when he cannot speak.
I hear what others say and use my voice, in efforts to defend him, protect him, educate others.
I use it to take a stand, to advocate and teach. To show him his voice is something to be proud of and to never be afraid to use it.

I am his eyes.
The one who sees what he cannot.
To hide the things he should not see, but to show him beauty, love, kindness and to teach him that in this world we will see things we wish we didnt, but that we can learn from them and make our choices better because of them.

I am his brain.
To search, learn, browse, have knowledge and remember each and every detail.
I have a masters in all things medical that he has encountered in his life.
If I do not know, or understand, I make it my mission to find out.
I call who ever I need to, I use my eyes to read, my ears to listen to professionals, my mouth to ask questions
I do it for him.

I am so many things for him, his protector, his guardian, his mother, I will always be, and that will never stop.
But he is so much for me.

He is my heart.
He has taught me more about understanding, celebrating differences, enjoying the simple things, to be kind, thoughtful, grateful and proud of who you are.

I thought I knew what kind of person I was, untill I became a mother.
It changes who you are, it made me a better person, a stronger person, a resilient person.
I may do alot for this little boy, but he has done more for me than I could have ever done without him, and for that I am truly thankful.

To my fellow mums who do it all, who are busy being a nurse to your sick child, being their speech therapist, physio, cook and caretaker.
The ones that have hard days, sad days, stress filled days, stand back, let go, see your child for who they are and the beauty that you have created.
See you for who you are and the effort you go to.
Be kind to yourself, you are everything and so much more to your child.
Their whole world.
You are and continue to do it ALL!
And you are amazing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey You, Yes You.

The Truth Behind Your Smile

Be Proud Of You